When we think about cancer, heart disease, or diabetes, we don’t wait years to treat them. We begin with prevention. So why don’t we do the same for individuals who are dealing with addiction health concerns?
This specialized program provides comprehensive, integrated services for persons seeking to overcome problem gambling, alcohol/drug, and other addictions. We believe that addiction can be successfully treated and managed thereby, enabling you and your loved ones to recover together.
VHS currently offers a hybrid model of treatment which consists of both in person and virtual care.
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Individual Counseling
- Group, Family, or Couples Counseling
- Education & Prevention Services
- Outreach & Referrals
- Urine screening
- Inpatient treatment services
- Relapse Prevention Group
Vantage Health System offers a comprehensive range of outpatient clinical services designed to meet the needs of children, adolescents and adults. We provide services in our Dumont and Englewood outpatient sites.
- Clinical Assessments
- Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Monitoring
- Therapy for Individuals, Families and Groups
- Bi-lingual Staff
Current group therapy sessions for children and teens:
- Young Children Group: under 12 years of age
- Adolescent Boy’s Group: 13-17 years of age
- Adolescent Girls Group: 13-17 years of age
Current group therapy sessions for adults:
- Empowerment Group: all individuals
- Women’s Group: Single, Divorced, and Widowed
- Adults Living Alone: Men & Women
- Transitions Group: Men & Women
- Anxiety Group: Men & Women
* Groups are added or changed as needed
Day Treatment Services
Based on a wellness and recovery philosophy of treatment, our outpatient structured day program is designed to maximize your independence and community living skills. The partnership between you and a multi-disciplinary team of professional staff enables you to develop a treatment plan that actualizes your own recovery goals.
The program serves persons who have experienced a mental illness or possibly a psychiatric hospitalization.
Goals of the Program
- to develop an illness prevention plan
- to educate about mental illness
- to learn symptom management skills
- to discover a useful place in the community
- to develop a sense of hope in the future
- to prevent hospitalization
- assessment and psychiatric evaluation
- medication monitoring
- illness management education
- counseling (individual, group and family)
- case management
- chemical dependency counseling
- pre-vocational counseling
- social skills development
*Transportation can be arranged based on availability.
Take the First Step. We'll Be here when you need us.
*Please note! The following form and phone number are not for emergencies! If you are in immediate crisis, please go to the nearest emergency room, call 911, for the psychiatric emergency line: 201-262-HELP(4357).